Saturday, May 7, 2011

the start of a journey

Hello there!

How very daunting. The very first post. It's daunting because I can't tell you how many times I've attempted to keep a blog. I think it dates right back to when I was at university, studying about the New Economy, online communities, digital cultures and convergence. And not even 10 years on, here we are today, living in what has now been dubbed the Digital Generation, where society relies heavily on social media, online communities are thriving and everything cool begins with an i. But I digress. I can't tell you how many blogs, forums and networking sites I've pored over the last few years. The accumulation of hours spent browsing always provided me with inspiration to start my own blog. If they can do it, why can't I?

I have probably said to myself at least once a year, "this is the year, I'm going to start a blog, and keep at it. I will update it, regularly, and I mean it." But you know what? I never did. Oh yes I would start them, but I fell off the wagon pretty quickly and the updating never happened. I was never short of inspiration, no. My problem was I just didn't know what I wanted to blog about.

So what makes this one different? Well, whilst contemplating life's big questions I thought to myself, I need to do something for me. Sure, work takes up more time that I'd like it to and it doesn't leave me with much time for anything else but what do I enjoy? It was like I could hear a pin drop. Food. Craft. Travel. Photography. These are the things which I love to do. And these, my friends, are the things I'd love to share with you. The food I make (and eat!), the craft projects I challenge myself with, places I've been to and aspire to go to in this wonderful world in which we live in and of course the only way I know how to document it all: through photographs.

So here it is: my escape from the everyday, a peek into my life and I hope that you'll all enjoy the journey of a whimsical affair.

1 comment: