Wednesday, May 11, 2011

hump day afternoon dee-light

Groove is in the heart. Oh yes, I went there. I am pretty sure I first heard this song when I was six. My mum bought one of those compilation tapes (yes a mixed tape! One we didn't have to make ourselves!) for our neighbour's birthday and of course, we also had to have the same one. How was it fair that our little friend got to have a mixed tape with cool songs and my sister and I got nothing? (yes, we were very selfish, self-centred little girls. At times, not much has changed...) Anyway, if memory serves me well, it had all the great hits, Taylor Dayne, New Kids on the Block, perhaps also a little bit of Robert Palmer? My mind is a bit hazy. Looking back, it was about twenty years ago...

Right, back to the song. This song, without a doubt, always, and I mean always, puts a smile on my dial and a little groove in my step. How can it not with one liners like he’s not vicious or malicious, just de-lovely and delicious. De-lovely? Awesome. Ke$ha, sorry to break it to you but you didn’t start a revolution with neck-a-lace. So 2000 and late.

I also love that this song is a little bit naughty. Imagine lip-synching the chills that you spill up my back, keep me filled with satisfaction when we’re done, satisfaction of what’s to come with your best ‘come hither’ face, directed at a very attractive person of the opposite sex. Booyah.

Also, one word for the video clip: wow. It is that psychedelic I feel like my head is still spinning.
They sure don’t make songs or video clips like they used to. Happy hump day!


No comments:

Post a Comment