Thursday, February 21, 2013

throwback thursday

Continuing on with my 90's theme... this week it's about one week. Chickity china the Chinese chicken. Say what?!

One of my absolute favourite songs that is on extremely high rotation to this day, on the iPod. I think I listen to this song every day. Yes, it's that good.

Now, I'm trying to remember, as with all my throwbacks, what was happening to me at the time the song was 'in vogue'. Ok, a quick look on Wikipedia tells me that this song peaked in 1998-1999. Ah, the start of high school. Probably not the best of times, if I was to be honest. The first few years of high school, in my opinion, are not that fun. Let's face it. You're at the bottom of the ladder, far from the leader of the pack and all that jazz. Nevertheless, life was carefree, responsibilities were limited. You only had to worry about homework (if that, really). Maybe a bit of peer pressure but nothing like what kids are facing today, I'm sure (pretty sure I wouldn't survive if I was in school today).

Anyway, enjoy, pretend you're a pimply, greasy long haired 14 year old, head banging head lolling. Why? Because it's fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment