Saturday, February 2, 2013

Hello 2013

Wow. I didn't just go AWOL, I went postal. My last post was August 2012??!! Where did 2012 go?

It's now 2013. February 2013.

I pretty much blinked and there went January.

Though, not without some excitement. Let's recap:

  • I visited Launceston and Hobart. Ate my way through the Taste Festival. I'll post up photos soon. Promise. 
  • I had a birthday. I am looming closer to the big 3-0 and don't feel any more settled. I'm thinking this is a good thing. 
  • My sister came to visit Melbourne and we went to the Tennis. In all truthfulness, it wasn't that exciting (so sue me). It might be because we went on Australia Day. All the hipsters were probably at Big Day Out. 
  • I have officially passed my probation period. I've been at my current workplace for 7-odd months. Time flies! 
  • I bought my first coffee card. You know, one of those pre-paid ones where you buy 10 coffees in advance. I have well and truly graduated from my mocha to a flat white, no sugar. Huzzah, I'm a Melbournian! 
Seeing it's the beginning of the year, it never goes by without some time (albeit minimal) of reflection, goal setting, etc. While I haven't made any firm new year's resolutions, I have vowed to be a bit healthier - cut down on chocolate, chips and soft drink (says she that is eating M&Ms as she types) and pick up exercising. This I've managed to do in January (I know, surprise surprise!) but I think it's because my sister bullied me into buying new exercise gear. I'm motivated by the ridiculous amount of money I spent. I must see results... I'll give it to the end of the year. 

I have made a personal commitment though to bake and blog more. So watch this space! 

And friends, feel free to hassle me if I haven't posted or baked in a while. I'm supposed to practice my baking weekly. I'm sure my work colleagues will hold me to this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment