Monday, June 6, 2011

vivid sydney


Talk about great timing. The weekend I was in Sydney, Vivid was still on – bright lights, clever animations and the Opera House prettied up – who could pass this up? Unfortunately, it was raining so this also meant large crowds vying for undercover space and large umbrellas obscuring views. 


Our Vivid Sydney walk started off at Hyde Park. Hyde Park at night, I find, is quite a mystical and mysterious place. That’s probably because of the lights. 














































Then we kept walking and saw this place. I think it’s an aquatic centre (don’t quote me on that). But it very much looks like a church doesn’t it?

 Then off to Circular Quay where we were met with large crowds overcrowding undercover areas. We made our way over to the Opera House, trying to dodge extremely large umbrellas, prams, strollers and large groups of tourists. My sister and I had a bit of a laugh, attempting the art of ghosting (and consequently failing). 



 There were some fantastic light installations / displays at Circular Quay but given the rain, and our unpreparedness for it, our trip downtown didn’t last very long, though I managed to take a few pictures. But note to self, when shooting in low light and rain, using a tripod will give you the best results. Must add that on my list of things to get...



No comments:

Post a Comment