Sunday, March 17, 2013

cupcake combat: mudslide VS margarita


A battle to the death! Okay, it’s not really a battle to the death, obviously. I have been known to be dramatic at times. 

I'm challenging Rebecca, from adashofchocolate to a cupcake showdown.

This is combat though, this is serious, and there can only be one winner.

Alright, I'll stop being dramatic... neither Rebecca nor I will technically be
crowned the ‘winner’ because we will both be winners (in the eyes of our loved ones anyway).

So, it goes like this. We have chosen the theme ‘cocktails’, and we will both be creating a set of
three cupcakes based on alcoholic beverages. How good is that?

I've tried to conduct some serious research but haven't quite made it to the local watering hole and tried a bevvy of cocktails. Maybe I will before round two. All for a good cause of course. 

Now it really is for a good cause, because we are doing this to encourage you all to be involved with
World Down Syndrome Day on the 21st of March 2013. Host a tea, bring cupcakes to work and sell
them to your colleagues (we’ll give you some recipes), or just donate. You can sign up here.

So for round one... can I get a drumroll please... Rebecca's margarita cupcake vs. my mudslide cupcake.


How good do these margarita cupcakes look??? Super moist orange tequila cupcake with a lime, tequila and orange buttercream, topped off with sweet n' salty candied lime slice. I hope Rebecca saved one for me.


My cupcake is for any chocolate lover... luscious chocolate cupcake with kahlua and baileys frostings, swirled together. BOOM.

If you want to make Rebecca's cupcake, click here.

Otherwise, if you want to give my cupcake a go, click here.



No comments:

Post a Comment